ZARA® Mobile AntennasMargherita
ZARA® Mobile Antennas, a Webb Industries brand.
‘What is a mobile antenna?’ Generally, ZARA® Mobile Antennas facilitate communication between radio users.
With this purpose in mind, ZARA® Mobile Antennas were designed to be mounted onto vehicles. The idea is to enable occupants to connect, send or receive radio communications.
On the other hand, radio communications also mainly work through invisible fields in the air that allow the transmission of radio signals. ZARA® Mobile Antennas, however, cover HF, VHF and UHF bands.
Without a doubt, ZARA® Mobile Antennas are ideal for police, fire and ambulances. Vehicles like ambulances used for medical emergencies also benefit from using these antennas. Similarly, highway patrol uses security, governmental, military, and commercial business. Not to mention that they are chiefly known as the workhorses for
- Land Mobile Radios (LMR),
- Private Mobile Radios (PMR),
- Public Access Mobile Radios (PAMR) and
- Two-Way Radios.
Coupled with a ZARA® Mobile Antenna, a radio frequency (RF) connector must be remembered. A coax connector connects the coaxial cable to the radio equipment. The standard cable length is 4 m RG-58 mounted through a ⌀19mm hole onto a vehicle. Moreover, replacement parts are available to assist with after-sales repairs or backups.
ZARA® Mobile Antenna Frequency Range Options
Summing up, you have choices. Choose from any of the following standard options:
- ZARA27S: HF CB Band 27 MH with a spring-type moulded-coil whip.
- ZARA29S: HF Marine Band 29 MHz with a spring-type moulded-coil whip.
- ZARA40S: HV and VHF 30—42 MHz with a spring-type moulded-coil whip.
- ZARA50: VHF and UHF Bands tuneable 50…470 MHz 1/4-wave with a whip.
- ZARA60: VHF Band tuneable 54…174 MHz 1/4-wave with a spring-type whip.
- ZARA130: VHF Band tuneable 138…174 MHz 5/8-wave with an open-coil whip.
- ZARA250: VHF Band 250 – 270 MHz 5/8-wave with an open-coil whip.
- ZARA390: UHF Band 380 – 410 MHz with an open-coil & disc whip.
- ZARA400-4B: UHF Band 406 – 420 MHz with a moulded-coil slimline whip.
- ZARA450-MC: UHF Band 440 – 470 MHz with a moulded-coil whip.
- ZARA450: UHF Band 440 – 470 MHz with an open-coil whip.
Nominal Gain of ZARA® Mobile Antennas
Comparatively, here is an overview of the nominal gain for each variation:
- Firstly, the UHF antenna options radiate 4dB gain.
- Following on, ZARA250 and ZARA130 radiate 2dB gain.
- To conclude, all the other ZARA® Mobile Antennas radiate a unity gain of 0dB.
For more information (or if you need a bespoke design), dial+2711719000 or email [email protected].
Webb has a list of approved distributors at the bottom of Webb’s contact-us page.